"After the first day, I started sending practical tips back to my company for immediate implementation."
- Regulatory Specialist
"I literally left every
session with a useful take-away."
- Director, Human Subjects Protection Office
"It has the best mix (and mixing!) of sponsors, sites and CROs."
- Project Manager
"High percentage of experienced participants who know the problems and have solutions.
- Clinical Research Associate
"Within a week after the meeting, contacts I made answered two important technical IRB questions for me."
- Study Manager
"The conference paid for itself in the first budget negotiation after I got back."
- Site Manager
"MAGI is close to my heart as the most collaborative learning and networking environment in the industry."
- Director of Clinical Development
"It's very refreshing that MAGI does not accept speakers based on how much someone is willing to pay."
- VP, Business Development
MAGI's Clinical Research Conference - 2018 East
Clinical Operations & Project Management - Site Management - Regulatory Compliance - Contracts - Budgets
Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee MAGI is the only clinical research conference that offers a money-back guarantee. (terms & conditions)
Find out for yourself why 99% of participants are satisfied with MAGI conferences (100% at our last conference).
Is the MAGI conference right for you?
Over 600 people (including representatives from over 80 sponsors and CROs) will attend.
Register now while space is still available. See participating organizations.
Crystal Gateway Marriott - Arlington, VA - May 20-23, 2018
100+ sessions and workshops in seven tracks: sponsor operations, site operations, regulatory compliance, contracts, budgets & billing, quality and special topics.
Exceptional networking with a broad (but not too broad) range of experienced clinical research professionals
22+ continuing education contact hours (CME, CNE, CLE, CCB, other)
Sign up today and save with:
Discounts for early bird registration
Discounts for study sponsors, sites, government, international and others
All sessions and workshops included in basic "all-access pass"
Save even more with group rates!
The MAGI Advisory Board
The 19 members of the MAGI Advisory Board help ensure that each MAGI Conference will be better than the last.
The MAGI Study Connection
Sponsor/CRO and Site Speed Dating
Meet with 15 leading study sponsors and CROs to find the study of your dreams!
A Meeting that Matters
Obtain practical tips and professional contacts that will pay for the conference in a matter of days. Read article: "Does It Pay to Attend Clinical Research Conferences?" Adapt attendance approval request letter.
If you are a clinical research novice or veteran; with a study sponsor, research site, or CRO; in a corporate, academic or other organization; you will find a coherent and comprehensive program that focuses on your current needs for applicable information. MAGI sessions and workshops emphasize practical tips based on real-life examples, with lots of interaction. Please join us in Arlington.
Attendees Prefer MAGI Conferences
85% find the conference offers better value than other conferences.
81% find the conference more educational than other conferences.
83% find the networking better than at other conferences.
90% find the conference more practical than other conferences.
91% find the conference friendlier than other conferences.
See all the survey results.
Networking. The conference is structured to facilitate networking and promote lasting relationships. About half of the attendees have leadership roles like CEO, vice president, or director. Over two-thirds have eight or more years of clinical research experience. Study sponsors are split about 70% biopharma and 30% medical device. Sites are almost evenly split between (a) academic medical centers, (b) health systems and community hospitals, and (c) independent sites and networks. As a result, networking is very productive. Meet people from all sides of the table in an open, friendly and energetic environment. Read an article about networking.
Speakers are generally very accessible during the conference. Help us build the clinical research community!
Attendance. Basic registration provides an "all access pass" to all meeting activities. You may attend any session in any track, workshops, and all conference networking functions -- luncheons, networking breaks, evening reception, and more! Register today!
Professional Certification. MAGI meetings are the exclusive venue for Clinical Research Contract Professional (CRCP) certification exams. Demonstrate your professional competence to your employer, colleagues, negotiating partners, and yourself.
Continuing Education. Over 22 contact hours are available for CME continuing medical education, CNE/CEU continuing nursing education, CLE continuing legal education, CCB (CHC,CCEP,CHRC,CHPC), AAPC (CPB), ACRP (CCRA,CCRC,CCTI,CPI,CP), ASQ (ASO-CQA), CCIP (CIP), IAOP (COP), IIA (CIA), ICR (CPD), MAGI (CRCP), NAIM (CIM), NALA (CLA,CP), NCCPA (CME), NGMA (CGMS), PMI (PMP,PgPM), PMI (CMOM), PRIM&R (CIP), RACC (RAC), SCR (CCPM), SoCRA (CCRP), and SQA (RQAP ).Learn more.
Personalized Schedule and Slide Book. Use our online system to create your own personalized schedule and book of conference materials, including a table of contents, customized certificate of attendance, and other useful information.
Speakers. Our distinguished faculty will include numerous clinical research leaders, such as the following:
- Vicki Anastasi - VP and Global Head, Medical Device and Diagnostics Research - ICON plc
- John Baumann - Associate VP, Research Compliance - Indiana University
- Quincy J. Byrdsong - Executive Director for Research Administration - WellStar Health System
- Brandy Chittester - Chief of Clinical Operations - IMARC Research
- Norbert Clemens - VP, Clinical Operations - Impulse Dynamics Germany GmbH
- Linda Coleman - Director, Human Research Protection Program - Yale University
- Eric Distad - Executive Director, Clinical Development - Syneos Health
- Michelle Feige - Executive VP - AAHRPP
- Suzanne Heske - Sr. Director, Quality Risk Management - Syneos Health
- Mary Anne Hinkson - VP, Research Operations - MedStar Health Research Institute
- Shobita John - Head of Contract Management - Bristol- Myers Squibb
- Megan Kasimatis Singleton - Assistant Dean for Human Research Protection - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Molly Klote - Director, Human Research Protections Office - U.S. Army
- Michael Koren - CEO - Jacksonville Center for Clinical Research
- Ivana Matic - Director, Global Operations Agreements - Merck & Co.
- Matthew McCarty - Senior Director, Patient Centric Services - ICON plc
- Kelly Much - Director, Global Operations Budget Lead - Merck & Co.
- Christine Nelson - Director, Office of Clinical Trials - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Laura Odwazny - Senior Attorney - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Doug Peddicord - Executive Director - ACRO
- Jeetendra Rao - Director, Business Analytics and Optimization - PAREXEL International
- Lisa Sanders - Director, Clinical Strategy - Cato Research
- Ken Skodacek
- Clinical Trials Program and Payer Communication Task Force at CDRH - FDA
- Judy Skroback - Director of Clinical Research - SynCardia Systems, LLC
- William B. Smith - CEO - Alliance for Multispeciality Research
- Ali Sonel - Chief of Staff - VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Sean Stanton - Sr. VP, Global Operations, Research Network - Bioclinica Research
- Erika Stevens - VP, Research - Northwell Health
- Lee Truax-Bellows - President & CEO - Norwich Clinical Research Associates (NCRA)
- David Vulcano - AVP & Responsible Executive for Clinical Research - HCA, Inc.
- John J. Whyte - Director of Professional Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement - FDA
- Kelly Willenberg - President - Kelly Willenberg, LLC
- Kemi Williams - Director, Clinical Operations - Roche Molecular Systems
Speaking Opportunities. Some MAGI speakers are world-renowned experts in their fields; others are just experts. What they all have in common is a passion for clinical research and the generosity to share what they know. To speak at a MAGI conference, click here. To learn more about speaking, click here.
Business Development Opportunities. If your firm provides solutions to clinical trial sponsors, sites or CROs, a conference partnership offers you the opportunity to increase your visibility and meet decision-makers in a focused audience. Thirty-nine percent of attendees say they might buy something from an exhibitor. MAGI calls sponsors and exhibitors "partners" because they contribute to the educational content of the meeting -- the focus of the exhibit hall is education, rather than commerce. If you confirm your partnership early, a speaking role may be available.
Learn about exhibiting at MAGI conferences. Learn how to exhibit at conferences in general.
For more information, contact Partner Relations.
About MAGI. MAGI is streamlining clinical research by standardizing best practices for clinical research operations, business and regulatory compliance. Our 10,000+ members represent clinical research sponsors, sites and CROs. "MAGI" is pronounced with "G" as in Georgia and "I" as in Ireland. (Hear it pronounced.) Norman M. Goldfarb, CRCP, founder and chairman of MAGI, is organizing and chairing this conference. Learn more. MAGI is operated by First Clinical Research LLC, a company dedicated to advancing the practice of clinical research.